Lemon Sole Roulade
Head chef, Mark Archer at Seckford Hall creates something light, summery and exquisite. Time to show off to your friends!
FOR 4 PERSONS
4 Skinned 6-7oz Lemon Sole Fillets
4oz White Fish
12 peeled Langoustine tails
2 Egg Whites
1oz Double Cream
Juice of ½ Lemon
8 large washed spinach leaves
8 'D' cut Smoked Salmon slices
Salt and Pepper to taste
Samphire, Seakale or seasonal vegetables, Jersey New Potatoes
- Place white fish, langoustine tails, egg white in a food processor for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pass the mix through a drum sieve then fold in the double cream, lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for about 15-20 seconds, remove and refresh in cold iced water, place on a clean tea towel and damp dry.
- 4 Spread out lemon sole fi llet, place spinach on top, spread a little of the mousse on top and fi nish with the smoked salmon.
- Roll the lemon sole from the tail end to the head and wrap in cling fi lm and tie at each end.
- Poach in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Remove, unwrap cling fi lm and slice into 3 even sizes.
- Place on a plate and serve with seasonal vegetables, potatoes or pasta and enjoy!
Printed with kind permission of Vanilla Magazine June 2011
Seckford Hall Hotel & Restaurant is based in Woodbridge Suffolk UK. Non residents are welcome for lunch and dinner.
To book call 01394 385678 or click here to make an enquiry